Saturday 4 February 2012

Boots Saturday Night Makeup Haul!

I went into Boots to quickly buy a pink lipstick for going out tonight...20minutes later I walked out with £15 worth of makeup and my pink lipstick. Honestly I don't know how this happens.


Since my night has been cancelled I thought I'd try these lovelies out.



1. BarryM Nail Paint - 161 Vivid Purple

This is exactly why I write this beauty blog! I hate buying nail polish that you need to apply two coats, it really winds me up because for one thing - you won't know until you buy it (waste of money) and two - waste of time-who these days have the time to sit and wait for the first coat to dry? (rant over) The nail paint is quite watery so you only need to put a small amount on your brush. Once you have done two coats it doesn't look like the shiny vivid purple paint that you see in the bottle. I really liked the pot when I saw it but it's a miss for me I'm afraid.




2. 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish - Mint Choc Chip


Yum! I love the new Spring pastel colours. Anything named after a dessert or sweet-something wins me over quite easily to be honest.



The label on the back recommends that you apply two coats on the back for                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         maximim coverage and I'd agree although you could easily get away with only one if you are in a rush.
The colour on my finger nails is pretty much a perfect match to the colour in the bottle which is what I look for in a good nail polish colour. 
This is the first time I've bought this type of blue and I think it will wear great with a spring wardrobe. 

Definitely a good addition to your spring makeup collection!


3. Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate - 05 Rossetto/Rouge A Levres

I like Rimmel products they are just a bit standard. You know what you are going to get when you buy Rimmel. That's not a bad thing ofcourse their products are never going to wow you but you won't be disappointed either. Which is exactly why I often buy Rimmel products. 
This lipstick is from the new Kate Moss collection and was on sale in Boots so I bought the last one in this colour. It's an easy-everyday pink you can wear for work. It won't last all day so you'll have to reapply it every hour or so I find. It has longer staying power than the Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick Range (see below).

A classic and easy to wear lipstick.


4. Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick - Cranberry


I didn't realise how similar the Rimmel and Natural Collection lipstick was untill I got home. I picked up the Natural Collection first because I know their pinkish lipsticks wouldn't be too over the top-pink and ended up picking 'Cranberry' which is pretty much the same colour as the Rimmel's 05 Rosetta on me however the Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick is half the price but unfortunately don't last as long and not as moisturising as the Rimmel lipstick. So if you plan to make this an everyday lipstick I'd recommend you opt for the Rimmel instead as it moisturises better and lasts slightly longer I found.



5. Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliners - Black


I go to a large Boots store and this was the last Black eyeliner in this makeup collection so I am guessing I am not the only one that spotted this little bargain. If you like your eyeliners grab one of these for a steal under £3!



No comments:

Post a Comment